Well, Day 5 of my 20-day pre-op diet is winding down and so far I’ve learned the following things about protein drinks:
- I prefer that they be ice cold. This makes them tolerable. Of course I haven’t tried mixing plain protein powder into a savory broth yet. That’s an experiment for next week.
- I really, really don’t like them to leave a filmy residue in or on my mouth. This makes me less likely to drink them. Or anything really.
- I also don’t like them if they smell in the least bit chemical. No off-putting smell and delicious taste are two important criteria any drink I consume must meet. This is why I don’t drink beer, eggnog or buttermilk–all of them have a horrible stank, in my opinion. But hey, to each his own.
- Fruity flavored drinks are okay so long as they are clear and not cloudy. For some reason I have an issue with drinking a cloudy looking fruit flavored drink. Perhaps it is because the first fruity flavored drink I tried was Isopure Zero Carb, and it is completely translucent, so I expected the next fruity flavored drink, Syntrax Nectar, to mix into water with no problem. I was wrong.
- I have found a couple of sources of protein that I really like and find delicious (thus they are tolerable). They are: Continue reading