- People continually tell you that you are “wasting away to nothing.”
- You are told pretty much every day that you look great. Especially by people who didn’t pay you much attention before.
- Your husband has a tough time picking you out of a crowd because now you look like everyone else.
- You have to work even harder at the gym to achieve the same burn that you got when you were 50 pounds heavier.
- Men who are not your husband check you out.
- Men who are not your husband open doors for you.
- You now wear a smaller bra than you wore when you first started wearing them as a kid.
- You complain about your clothes not fitting properly now, not because they’re too small, but because they’re too big.
- You find that getting dressed every day is a challenge only because you now own so many cute clothes that it’s hard to pick which outfit to wear.
And finally…you know you’ve lost a lot of weight when:
- Your own doctors don’t recognize you. Today on the way to my support group meeting, I ran into the doctor who did my last two followup appointments, and he flat out did not recognize me. He gushed about how great I looked and couldn’t stop saying WOW. Before we parted ways, he asked me how much I’d lost to date, and I told him and he pumped his fist in the air. I told him I’d see him in July at my 1-year follow up.
Hopefully by then I’ll have at least another 10 pounds off and be inching my way down to my goal. I’m already at 70% EWL and aiming for 90%. To get to 90%, I need to lose 50 more pounds, which puts me squarely in my desired weight range.
Summer is coming, and this will be the summer of kicking ass.