Last week I wrote a list of the things I can do now that I couldn’t do before I had WLS. I’m pretty sure that at some point, I’d written about what my heaviest weight was–440 pounds. So, today’s list is:
Things I Don’t Miss About Weighing 440 Pounds
(in no particular order)
- Being the fattest person in any room.
- Not being able to sit comfortably in chairs with arms.
- Having to buy the most unflattering of clothes because a) they fit, and b) they would keep me from being naked in public.
- Not being able to walk from my car in the parking lot to pretty much anywhere without stopping to catch my breath before continuing on to my destination. This was a pretty regular occurrence, especially at school.
- Wearing out my clothes and shoes really quickly.
- I definitely don’t miss being diabetic and hypertensive.
Today we went to the mall to do some walking after we’d retrieved our Christmas tree from storage. After we’d walked around for about 30 minutes, I stopped in at Coldwater Creek, because they were having a mad sale–50% off everything. I picked up a couple of sweaters for work, a dress shirt for work, and a couple of t-shirts. The best part?
All in a size 18.
Do you know that I have never worn a clothing size that starts with a 1 in my adult life? EVER.