This post is going to be a fast one, as I’m slowly excavating myself from under a pile of grading. It is the end of the semester, and grades are due tomorrow at 4, so I’ve been grading like a mofo every night this week. Progress is slow, because it’s all essay reading. But I haven’t forgotten about the blog!
In the next few days, I will:
- Write a piece on mindful eating. We had a great session about it in group tonight that I think is worth sharing.
- Write a review of Dr. Nicholson’s new book, Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny. Outstanding resource for those who have had or who are contemplating WLS.
- Comment on how I navigated a week’s worth of food celebrations and possible poor choices. Hint: I did pretty well.
- Compile a post that will be helpful to those who are early on in the process of pursuing bariatric surgery.
- Write a third installment of “Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me” since I’m approaching my 6-month surgiversary.
- Catch up on my Daily Bites series. I know some of my readers use the photo collages to help them see that eating post-op doesn’t have to be boring. I’ve snapped photos but haven’t had time to organize them. Thankfully, I have MyFitnessPal records to help me there!
And now I return to the kitchen table to plow through the last set of essays to grade until bedtime, and then sleep…sweet, sweet sleep. Until tomorrow…
Hang in there!
Thanks! I made it! And now…to do all the things I wanted to get done all semester long here at home, and to spend some quality time in the gym to avert holiday weight gain. 🙂
You are a teacher? What grade do you teach??? I am just starting classes this semester to become a teacher…I have a long way to go! LOL.
I am! I teach high school biology.