Yesterday marked four months since I had my sleeve surgery. In the past four months, I have:
- Lost 72 pounds, for a total of 109 pounds lost (this includes what I lost prior to surgery).
- Lost a total of 51 1/4 inches all the way around my body (I take new measurements next week).
- Discontinued my diabetes medication and had my a1c reading return to normal range.
- Had my blood pressure medication dropped to the lowest dosage possible. I have a feeling at my 6-month checkup, my PCP will take me off my medication altogether. I can only hope.
- Dropped 3 pants sizes and 4 shirt sizes, and am continuing to get smaller as the weeks go by. I need to find a tailor, pronto!
- Been able to teach standing up most of the day, instead of sitting for the majority of the class period, as I did pre-op.
- Learned the value of support groups and therapy and their roles in my success so far.
- Begun moving so much more during the day than I ever used to. I feel weird sitting still for long periods of time now.
- Run again, after not doing it for 20 years.
I have accomplished more than I expected I would, and more than I thought was possible.