I just ordered these badass kicks:
I’m going to start prepping for my 1 mile “Mosey” in these so that I can wear them the day I do the walk. Yeah, it seems a bit much to buy a new pair of shoes for just a 1-mile walk, but these shoes are my reward for getting to my lowest adult weight in 20 years. 🙂 And if they help me achieve a goal, then even better.
Speaking of goals, let’s do the Friday Five.
Today’s Friday Five is an opportunity for me to share some of my fitness goals with you, dear readers. Here are five fitness goals I have set for myself for the next year, in no particular order:
1. To participate in a 5K the month of my birthday. This gives me 6 months to get ready for it. I don’t care if I have to walk it really fast, I want to finish one.
2. To start taking yoga classes to increase my flexibility and strength. I don’t know what style of yoga to begin with–there are so damn many kinds!
3. To get into the gym at least twice weekly to ride the recumbent bike at least 25 miles each time. I’ll work up to 20 miles by aiming for 5 miles at first and working my way up from there.
4. To get back into a strength training routine. About a year and a half ago, I had a great one and I let some jackass at my last gym derail my progress with some very hurtful and snarky words. I’ve since changed gyms, and still remember my routine. I’m confident I can start it up again, but I just need to start.
5. To take water aerobics classes again. I have done this before and have really enjoyed it each time. I’ve got to carve the time out of my schedule for them, because this is something I need to do for myself.