A few things:
- Carrying my school bag this afternoon to my car, I realized just how heavy it was–and it wasn’t even full. I then realized that I used to carry that weight ON MY BODY. It was a great realization to have. Better still? I will never have to carry that weight on my body EVER AGAIN.
- Silencing the Fat Girl is getting easier as the weeks go by. I have finally determined that the “my way or the highway” attitude Thinner Girl is exerting is probably what is keeping Fat Girl from sabotaging Thinner Girl’s efforts at success. That, plus a little forgiveness and education haven’t hurt either. She hasn’t reared her head lately but I know there will be opportunities for her to do so. Planning and preparation have been my two biggest tools in the fight against her desires to derail my progress. I just hope I don’t get bored with either of them.
- I feel really awesome about myself when I hit 7,000 steps. It helps that my Fitbit Flex tells me when I’m close, and then it vibrates all crazy-like and lights up when I do hit that goal. I’m hopeful I can hit it again the remaining days this week.
- I have noticed that I get around much faster than before.
- I am noticing that my hair is much more wavy than it was before surgery. I am also noticing that it comes out pretty readily. I knew that would happen, so I’m not too worried about it.
- My maxi dresses are too long for me now. Before, they hung over my belly and didn’t drag the ground. Now, I trip on the hems. Perhaps it is time for a visit to a tailor who can work with the fabrics they are made out of so I don’t continue to step on the hems and ruin them.
- I can hug my husband so much easier now. We both stand up so much straighter now when we do. We had the realization last week that between the two of us, we have lost an adult woman. By the time we both reach our individual goals, we will have lost the equivalent to a family of 4–two adults and two children. Mind. Truly. BLOWN.