I took a trip to our local butcher shop today and picked up a couple of things for this week. Food in my house this week will include:
- shopmade Italian sausage links, peppers and onions in marinara
- Green chile chicken “casserole” made with breast meat, green chile sauce, black beans and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Green beans
- Trader Joe’s crab stuffed flounder filets: holy shit, these are THE BOMB DIGGITY, y’all! 35 grams of protein for the whole thing and I get two meals out of it. All for $2.99!
- Seasoned ground sirloin for hubby as he moves to soft foods this week.
- Barbecue chicken drumsticks: I have determined that I can eat the meat off of one drumstick. I will, of course, weigh the meat once I’ve got it off the bone.
- Trader Joe’s mahi mahi burger patties: I bought some a while back and have been wanting to try them. I hope they’re good.
- Scrambled eggs with ham for breakfast.
- Possibly some cumin and paprika roasted baby carrots. I bought some baby carrots last week because I thought I could eat them as a snack, but after my trial run with walnuts, I’ve decided eating raw veggies is probably not a wise choice just yet. I can roast the carrots though, and they’ll be soft enough for me to eat.
Just trying to add some variety in my eating to avoid food boredom.