Not much to report today. We have a snow day tomorrow as the Metroplex is being covered in ice right now, with little sign of stopping.
So here’s what I ate today. Protein was good at 87 grams, but got in too much fat today.
Today’s food choices, from upper right: Rudy’s egg, bacon, bean and cheese breakfast bowl; leftover roasted chicken, creamed spinach and roasted potatoes; multivitamin and calcium supplements x2, iron supplement; Goldfish crackers; Trader Joe’s Monterey jack cheese stick; Boar’s Head sweet slice ham and Tillamook cheddar cheese; grilled chicken breast, green beans and Trader Joe’s mashed potatoes.
An ice storm is slated to hit my part of the world in the next 48 hours. We North Texans (specifically those of us in the Metroplex) don’t deal with ice very well. So this afternoon after school I decided to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few groceries since all the forecasts are predicting we’ll be in a deep freeze and under ice until Monday. As I walked in, I noticed these for sale:
I picked up a bag and slung it under the cart I pushed into the store. When I checked out with my other selections–a paltry few compared to the rest of the other shoppers, who were apparently preparing for the Apocalypse (or the Snowpocalypse, as it were), I decided to buy a second bag just in case. Continue reading
Posted in being thankful, daily bites, eating, head trips, post-op, reflections, the sleeve, vsg, weight loss surgery
Tagged being thankful, daily bites, eating, exercise, get moving!, head trip, live in my shoes, omg I eat carbs!, post-op eating, post-op life, reflections, VSG, vsg realness, WLS
Today was one of those days where my sleeve just could not get with the program consistently all day long. Most days it’s pretty predictable. Today, not so much. Continue reading
Posted in challenges, daily bites, eating, exercise, oh behave!, post-op, the sleeve, vsg, weight loss surgery
Tagged daily bites, eating, exercise, post-op eating, post-op life, sick, VSG, vsg realness, WLS, workin' on my fitness, wtf body?, wtf sleeve?
Weight loss during a holiday week is always a victory to celebrate, whether you have had WLS or not. Holidays are always challenging, even when you plan every bite and sip you take. I’m glad that I was able to post a loss this week, because this week’s loss puts me within 4 pounds of my December 31 weight loss goal. I am confident that I will reach that goal in the next week or two. I am thinking that it might be time to set some new goals. But what goals to aim for now?
Posted in daily bites, eating, goals, la guerra, post-op, progreso, the sleeve, vsg, weight loss surgery, werk!
Tagged aspiring runner, body image, challenges, daily bites, eating, fitness goals, goals, head trip, omg I eat carbs!, post-op eating, post-op life, progress report, runner wannabe, running, sleeve gastrectomy, sorry for sleeve rocking, VSG, vsg realness, weight loss goals, WLS, work that head game, workin' on my fitness
Today marked a couple of NSVs for me. We went to the movies this afternoon and two things happened that have not happened in quite some time:
- I didn’t get popcorn. This is a very big deal for me, because popcorn is one of my absolute favorite snack foods of all time. I really had to fight Fat Girl on this one, because they were popping it fresh. And as I approached the concession stand to buy a bottle of water, I kept eying the popcorn cascading out of the popper, and smelling it…it smelled SO GOOD! But when asked if I could be helped, I simply asked for a large bottle of water, paid for it and WALKED AWAY. Also? I’d packed some jerky in my bag (shhh, don’t tell on me!) as a substitute so that made it slightly easier to walk away from the popcorn (but still difficult).
- My husband and I could both put the armrests on the seats down and were not sitting in each other’s space. This is also a big deal, because before, we always had to put the armrests up, and even then, it was still pretty uncomfortable. Not any more!
Posted in daily bites, eating, exercise, goals, la guerra, NSV's, post-op, the sleeve, vsg, weight loss surgery
Tagged aspiring runner, benefits of wls, daily bites, eating, exercise, fitness goals, goals, NSVs, post-op eating, post-op life, runner wannabe, the little things, VSG, vsg realness, WLS, workin' on my fitness
I have much to be thankful for this year:
- My health, which has improved greatly since June. I am hopeful it will continue to do so.
- My doctors and other health professionals, without whom I would not have been able to return to the healthy state I’m currently in.
- My work, without which I am pretty sure I would not have purpose. I am fortunate in that I love what I do, and I love where I do it.
- My friends, without whom my life would be far less rich and a hell of a lot less fun.
- My family, whose support of my decision to have WLS has meant so much, and without whom I would be truly lost.
- Most of all, I am thankful for the unconditional love and support of my husband as we go through this path to better health hand in hand.
Even though I spent the better part of the day in bed feeling unwell (thanks, nature, you suck), I’ll call today a success. Continue reading
Posted in being thankful, challenges, choices, daily bites, eating, exercise, la guerra, oh behave!, post-op, the sleeve, vsg, weight loss surgery
Tagged being thankful, challenges, choices, daily bites, eating, eating mindfully, exercise, little celebrations, map my walk, meal planning, oh behave!, omg I eat carbs!, planning for success, positive self-talk, post-op eating, post-op life, she's got skillz, sleeve gastrectomy, sorry for sleeve rocking, success, Thanksgiving, VSG, vsg realness, WLS